Carnation Flower Plant | How to Plant at Home
In the post, we will know all about the Carnation flower plant
- About carnation plant
- How to plant its seeds
- Best tips for care
- Benefits of plant
- Bloom time
Carnation Flowering Plants
About Carnation Plant: Carnation is a flowering plant, and there are many varieties of this plant, and the flowers of this plant are helpful in wedding parties and other parties. The carnation belongs to the Carophyllaceae family, and its scientific name is Dianthus caryophyllus.
There are three common varieties of this plant, and this flower also gives the same type of flowers you have planted, and the colours of the flowers are white, red, pink, green, purple, yellow, and more.
Every flower has 20 to 25 petals, and the sepals are light or dark green. Flowers’ size grows up to 2 inches or depends on verity. The leaves of this plant are dark green, and leaves grow up to 5 to 8 inches long or depending on verity.
Common Varieties :
- Large-flowered Carnations: it gives one flower per stem, and the height of this plant grows up to 12 inches to 14 inches.
- Mini Carnations: It gives small lots of flowers per plant, and colour depends on verity. The height of this plant grows up to 5 inches to 6 inches.
- Dwarf flowered Carnations: it gives many flowers on one stem.
How to plant :
There are two ways to grow this plant, one can be planted by cutting, and the other you can plant its seeds. In this post, we will learn how to grow seeds.
To grow this plant from seed, you can buy its seeds online or from the plant shop.
To grow this plant, make soil. To make the soil, you take sandy soil, which is the excellent drain(40%), river soil(20%), garden soil(20%), cow dung(15%), or coco-peat and bone meal(5%). A bone meal is necessary for growing the plant. Now take Mix well all these.
Now pour this soil into the flower pot, make 1 inch of a hole in the soil, and put carnation seeds into the soil. After all, pour half-inch soil above the seeds and give some water; after that, keep this flower pot in sunlight.
Before planting: To plant these seeds, you should take at least a 10-inch flower pot and check if there is a hole on the pot’s surface, or if it is not, then make 4, 5 holes on the pot’s surface. The hole does not freeze and collect water in the soil, and the plant’s roots are saved from rotting.
Best Tips for Caring: To grow a plant you have to take care of these 5 things
- Watering: To grow the plant, do not give too much water to the plant, remember that the soil should not dry up, and always check the moisture in the soil while giving water. By giving more water, the roots of this plant start to decompose and become soggy.
- Temperature: Keep this plant in the sunlight for at least 3 to 4 hours, and keep it in the sunlight for 5 to 6 hours during the winter.
- Best Fertilizer: Now, let’s talk about the best manure, so let me tell you, vermicompost is an excellent fertilizer for growing this plant. Must compost after one month in this plant
- Pests & Diseases: Many types of insects attack this plant, such as aphids and slugs, then you should sprinkle medicine to kill these insects. You can use neem oil to kill these insects. Always read the instruction on the treatment before spraying.
- Pruning: Pruning is essential for growing the plant and if you want to prune this plant, then cut the deadhead and dead flowers with scissors. If baby plants have grown around the plant, then cut it too and plant these plants in another pot.
Benefits of Plant: Carnation is a flowering plant, and its flowers are used in many places, such as at wedding parties and at home decorations. If you want to make a beautiful garden, you should plant this carnation plant.
This plant has another variety that gives pink flowers and this pink flower was used on the first mother’s day in the world.
Bloom Time: If you have planted this plant in September or October, then flowers start to bloom in March or April, and if you have sown its seeds, then the flowers start blooming after 7 to 8 months or depending on verity.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Amazing Flower Plants You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants