How to Plant Lavender Seeds with 3 Care Tips
In this post, we will know about the Lavender flowering plant
- About lavender
- How to plant seeds
- Top caring tips
- Bloom season
- Benefits and uses
About Lavender: Lavender is a flowering plant planted in the summer season, and lavender flowers give a fragrant smell. The colour of the flower is purple, and these flowers look beautiful. Lavender comes in 3 varieties like English, French, and Spanish. Many people plant this plant in their bedroom, and it depends on your choice of where you want to plant this lavender.
The scientific name is Lavandula, and it belongs to the Lamiaceae family. The best time to plant is in January or February.
The leaves of this plant are green in colour and look thin with a round shape. The size of leaves grows up from 1 inch to 1.5 inches. Every leaf has midribs that are light white and veins that are green. Leaves also give a fragrant smell. The height of this plant grows up to 1 to 2 feet and spreads up to 2 to 3 feet.
How to plant seeds: There are two methods to plant lavender at home or on your site, one is by using its seeds, and another is by cutting of lavender stem. Seeds are tiny in appearance (3 to 5mm) and look like cumin seeds.
While planting: Make sure a drainage hole available in the flower pot. if there is no drainage hole, make 5 to 6 holes and keep pebbles or small stones above the drainage hole. USDA hardiness zone should be 5-9.
Steps For Prepare a Soil Mixture & Plantation:
- Take well-drained garden soil and any compost (cow dung and coco peat) to make a soil mixture.
- Mix it well and remove pebbles from the soil mixture.
- Initially, take a small flower pot (3 to 4 inches).
- Now fill the soil mixture in the flower pot and spray water (the soil mixture settles down at the bottom).
- Take the seeds and put them on the soil mixture.
- Cover the seeds with soil and give water properly.
- Keep the flower pot in sunlight.
Within 10 to 15 days, germination begins from the seed, and small leaves/branches appear from the germination. If germination grows up to 2 to 3 inches and more, it’s time to transplant them separately.
How to Transplant :
Take the same soil mixture and large flower pot (should be 8 to 10 inches with 15 inches in diameter). Fill soil in the flower pot and take out 4 to 5 plants. Dig a hole 4 to 5 inches deep and plant each plant separately (4 to 5 plants in one flower pot).
Top 3 Caring Tips with 3 Steps :
- Water once a week before sprouting, and after sprouting, give water twice a week.
- In the summer season (April or May), give water 3 to 4 times a week.
- In the winter season (January and February), keep moisture in the soil mixture. Always use a water spray gun.
- The best temperature gives the best result.
- Always maintain the temperature between 15°C to 30°C
- Always save plants from high temperatures (above 30°C) and heavy rain.
Best Fertilizer :
- Always use the best fertilizer for the best result (coco peat or cow dung).
- Plants need fertilizer after 45 days.
- After fertilization gives water properly, fertilizer is mixed with the soil.
Bloom Time: Within 90 to 102 days, Flowers start blooming on the plant, and these flowers look beautiful and attractive. Flowers are small and give a fragrant smell, flower colours depend on verity, and flower sizes grow up to 2 to 3 inches.
Top 3 Benefits and Uses : There are top 3 of benefits and uses, such as
- Flowers are also used to make different types of scents, perfume, room spray, etc.
- Flowers are also used to make different types of medicine.
- Lavender oil is used to improve hair growth.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits flowering plants Flower plants Flowers plant Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health Indoor flowering plants latest plants latest posts Lilies neem tree onion Outdoor flowering plants pea perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree save plants Save Plants in rainy season spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants sunflower tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants