New Secrets to Bloom Lots of Flowers in Cineraria Plants
In the post, we will know how to bloom lots of flowers in cineraria flowering plants and a few tips
- About cineraria plant
- How to plant seeds in a flowerpot
- Awesome caring tips
- Blooming season
- Tips to bloom lots of flowers
Cineraria is one of the best outdoor flowering plants or annually growing plants. You can plant its seeds in any season, it gives the best result in the winter season. Small flowers with different types of shades. Cineraria plants come in 100+ species and it belongs to the sunflower family (Asteraceae). Asteraceae is one of the largest families of flowers. It includes 23000+ species around the world.
Physical Info: USDA hardiness zone should be 9 to 11. Cineraria seeds are dark brown in colour (long) with a small white notch and the size is similar to rice. Plant leaves are green with a lobate shape. Midribs are white and veins are light white in colour. Lamina of leaves is light green to dark green. Branches are green with pulpy moisture.
Over time, plants grow up to 1 feet and some verities grow up to 5 feet tall.
How to Plant Seeds in Flowerpot: For seedlings, take out the cineraria seeds, coco peat (40%), vermicompost (40%), and sand (20%). Mix it well and make the soil potting well-drained. Keep the soil mixture in full sunlight for drying.
- For the best result, take out the ceramic flowerpot.
- Fill the soil mixture into the flowerpot.
- Take out the cineraria seeds and sprinkle them above the soil potting.
- Cover the seeds with the same soil potting (spray only).
- Spray some water and cover the pot in newspaper or polythene.
- Place the flowerpot in indirect sunlight.
Within 20 to 30 days of a plantation, germination starts from the seeds, and tiny leaves (>1mm in size) are appearing from the small plants. If soil potting is drying up then spray some water and keep the pot in morning sunlight (at least 2 hours) after that indirect sunlight.
Another Method for Propagation: We have another method for the plantation i.e. by using stem cutting. Cut out the cutting at a 45° of angle and dip it into root powder or liquid. Use the same soil mixture and plant a cutting into 4 to 5 inches deep
Important: Always check the drainage holes in the soil potting. If there are no drainage holes then make 5 to 6 holes (for watering). For the best result, always used the ceramic flowerpot. You can use a small flowerpot (3 inches) or growing bag. Seeds are very small, and should not break. For fungus diseases, always use the fungicide powder.
Cover the drainage holes with pebbles or small stones.
Awesome Caring Tips
- Watering: Watering is very important for each plant and in cineraria plants, always maintain even moisture. Do not overwater. In the summer season, give water when the soil is drying up and 2 to 3 times in the winter season.
- Temperature: Cineraria plants easily thrive in under 30°C and at above 30°C leaves start to burn. While the germination stages, keep the plants in indirect sunlight.
- Best Fertilizers: For the best result, fertilization is necessary. Cineraria plants need decomposed cow dung after 30 to 45 days. Decomposed cow dung must be 6 to 8 months old.
- Pruning and Cutting: During the summertime, most of the leaves are burned due to high temperatures so pinch out the dry leaves and branches. Remove weeds near the rooting system.
- Pests and Diseases: If any types of insects are attacking the plants then always use the fungicide powder with water. Mix fungicide powder or liquid with water. Spray water on the plants.
Blooming Season: Within 4 to 5 months of the plantation, blooming starts on the plants. Blooming are different types in color with the ultimate view of shades. At once, it blooms lots of flowers and these flowers bloom on the plants for 1 month.
Flower colour with shades colour (Most popular flower colours with shades)
- Red with white centre part
- Dark red with white and centre part is yellow with dark red
- Blue with white and canter parts are dark blue
- Light pink with white and centre parts are light yellow
There are many varieties of cineraria and the flower colours are also different in colour.
Tips to Bloom Lots of Flowers: Keep the plants in morning sunlight for 2 to 3 hours and after that place the plants in a semi-shaded area. Before the flowering season, give NPK liquid fertilizer with the ratio of 5-30-5. Always buy hybrid seeds.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Gardening Tips and Tricks 🙂
Amazing Flower Plants You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants