Most Popular Trick to Plant Clove Seeds
In the post, we will know all about the clove tree and how to plant seeds
- About clove tree
- The most popular trick to plant seeds
- How to care for plants
- Best time for harvesting
- Health benefits of clove
About Clove Tree: The clove tree is one of the most popular trees in the Myrtaceae family and the flower buds are used for spices. It is a seasonless or evergreen tree so you can plant it in any season. The scientific name is Syzygium aromaticum and belongs to the Myrtaceae family.
Most Popular Cultivation Countries
- India (Karela, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka)
- West Indies
- Sumatra and other tropical climates.
Physical Info: In tropical climates, it is easily grown 12 to 25 feet tall. Initially, the flowers are greenish in colour and it turns pinkish and after 3 to 4 months these flowers are reddish-brown in colour.
Growing Seeds in Flowerpot (Popular Trick): We have two methods for propagation of cloves tree at home, using seeds and using cutting. Seeds are taken lots of time for germination and blooming flowers but the cutting method is simple with minimum caring. Mid-summer is the best time for plantation.
Growing Cloves using Seeds: Don’t take out the cloves for growing. Always take seeds of cloves and the seeds should be fresh and healthy (don’t use 1 one old seed). For soil mixture, take out the normal garden soil, vermicompost, sand, and neem cake powder (50gm). Mix them well and a small flowerpot.
- Fill the soil mixture into a flowerpot.
- Take out the cloves seeds and dig a-holes (1 inch deep) and put the seeds into those holes.
- Cover the seeds with the same soil potting.
- Give some water and keep the pot in a semi-shaded location.
Alternate way for propagation: This is the most popular way for the propagation of cloves tree i.e. by using its cutting. Take out the cutting (4 to 5 inches long) and plant it in the same soil potting. You can dip the cutting into rooting hormone powder or liquid.
Remember before Propagation: It gives the best result in red soil with USDA hardiness zone 10-12. In the flowerpot, drainage holes are necessary for drainage water. If drainage holes are not available at the surface then, make 5 to 7 holes. While plantation, seeds should not overlap and the distance should be 2 to 3 inches apart.
How to Care for Plants
- Watering: During the summer, plants need daily water and two to three times in the winter season. Don’t overwater, overwatering causes the root rot problem.
- Temperature: For the ultimate results, keep the plants in full sunlight or partial shade location. During the germination time, keep the pot in indirect sunlight. The best temperature is 15°C to 20°C.
- Best Fertilizers: For the best result, always give the best fertilizer. Seaweed extract fertilizer is the best fertilizer for clove plants. Fertilization is necessary after 20 to 30 days for 3 to 4 years and after 3 to 4 years, give fertilizer two times a month.
- Pests and Diseases: Overwatering causes many types of diseases like root fungus and other diseases so, always used the fungicide liquid with water. If insects attack the plants then, use pesticide liquid with water.
- Pruning: Pruning is necessary before the blooming months or in the autumn season. Cut out the dry leaves, weeds, and unwanted branches or faded flowers. After pruning gives some fertilizers.
Best Time for Harvesting: If you sow seeds then it takes lots of time for blooming i.e. 15 to 20 years. The grafted plant takes 8 to 10 years for blooming. Initially blooming (flowers are white) is green and after it turns pinkish. After that, you can harvest them and dry them in full sunlight until black in colour.
Benefits of Clove: Cloves have lots of benefits but we are showing only the Top 7 Benefits for your health
- Oral Health: Take out the leaves and keep the leaves in hot water for 5 minutes. Now take the water in your mouth and keep gargling for 2 to 5 minutes. Doing this will give relief to toothache.
- Improve bone health.
- Kill bacteria.
- Improve diabetes level.
- Improves digestion system.
- It improves liver health.
- Cloves are high in antioxidants.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Amazing Flower Plants You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants