Awesome Trick to Get Lots of Bottle Gourd | Pot
In the post, we will know how to get lots of bottle gourds in a single flowerpot
- About bottle gourd
- How to plant at home
- Get lots of bottle gourd
- Harvesting time
- Top 4 benefits
About Bottle Gourd: Everyone must have heard the name of the bottle gourd, and many people also like to eat it. Bottle gourd is an evergreen vegetable vine that grows to several feet tall and spread up to 2 to 4 feet wide. It blooms yellow flowers after a successful plantation. When fruits start on the vines, then vines need support like stalk. The best location of the plantation is a balcony.
It belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family and its scientific name is Lagenaria siceraria.
How to Planting Seeds at Home: One of the best methods to plant bottle gourd at home using its seeds. Seeds are white to light brown in colour with 10 to 20 mm long. You can buy seeds from online stores and local nurseries. Always buy hybrid bottle gourd seeds because germination is fast as compared to normal seeds. Keep the seeds in water for at least one day.
Prepare a Soil Potting: To make a soil potting, take out the vermicompost, cow dung, and normal garden soil. The ratio of the component is the same. Mix it well and take out the large flowerpot or you can use grow bag. Initially, the size of the pot should be 4 to 5 inches for 2 to 3 seeds only.
- Fill the soil mixture into the flowerpot.
- Take out the seeds from the water.
- Dig a-holes (1 inch deep) and plant all seeds.
- Cover the seeds with the same soil potting.
- Give water properly and place the pot in a semi-shaded location (until germination).
Within 5 to 6 days of planting, germination starts from the seeds and branches, and leaves appear from the plants. While the germination period, give some water if soil potting is dried up. If plants grow up to 6 to 7 inches, then it’s time to transplant them in a large flowerpot or grow bag.
Remember: USDA hardiness zone should be 10-12. In a flowerpot, make sure drainage holes are available or not. If there are no holes at the surface, then make 5 to 9 holes (Drainage holes are necessary). Cover the holes with a grenade or stones. Use a ceramic flowerpot. The distance between the seeds should be 4 to 5 inches apart.
Transplantation: If your seedling is in a large flowerpot, then you don’t need to transplant plants. If your seedling is in a small pot, then we need to transplant each plant. For transplantation, you can use the same soil mixture. While transplantation, the roots of the baby plants should not be broken, and plant all the plants 3 to 4 inches deep. Place the pot in full sunlight.
How to Get Lots of Bottle Gourd using these Caring Tips
- Watering Level: If soil is drying up, then give water properly. During the summer season, give water daily because the temperature is high (maybe 30°C above). In the winter season, give water twice a week.
- Temperature: Keep the plants in full sunlight for at least 5 to 6 hours. Before seedling, a semi-shaded location is necessary.
- Best Compost before Flowering: Give decomposed cow dung manure for the best result. Fertilization is necessary before the flowering season. After fertilization, give some water. Cow dung manure is easily available in local nurseries or online stores.
- Pests and Diseases: Over time, leaf bites and mealy-bugs occur on the vines/plants, then always spray neem oil or pesticide liquid. If any diseases occur on the plants, you can give neem oil with water (one lid of neem oil with 5-litre water).
- Pruning: Pinch out the dry leaves, faded flowers, unwanted branches, and head of stems. By doing this, you get lots of bottle gourd with long term.
How to make cow dung manure at home
Best Time for Harvest: After 3 to 4 months on the plantation, fruiting starts on the vines, and fruits are green in colour with a long round shape. The mature size of fruits is 12 to 18 inches. If you are satisfied with the size of the fruits, then you can harvest them with scissors.
Top 4 Benefits: There are lots of benefits of Bottle Gourd but we are showing only the Top 4 benefits
- It contains multiple types of vitamins.
- Bottle gourd juice improves hair and skin health.
- Juice also improves the digestion system and heart diseases.
- Regulate blood pressure.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Most Popular Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants