Awesome Trick to Grow Sweet Corn in Pot | Super Benefits
In the post, you will get complete information about sweet corn and also know, how to grow sweet corn in a pot
- About sweet corn
- How to grow sweet corn at home
- Awesome caring tips
- Best time for harvesting
- Benefits of sweet corn
About Sweet Corn: Sweet corn is the most popular annual crop. Most farmers grow a lot of sweet corn in their fields because farming is easy and easy to care for. It produces lots of long fruits with white and yellow colour. It belongs to the Poaceae family, and its scientific name is ZEA mays var rugosa. Sweet corn is also known as sugar corn and pole corn.
How to Grow Sweet Corn at Home: Sweet corn and baby corn are easily grown on farms and in homes. If you want to grow it at home, then take out the seeds of sweet corn. Seeds are easily available in online stores and local nurseries. Seeds are yellow in colour and should be dry (before planting). Summer is the best time for the plantation.
Prepare a Soil Potting: Mostly, gardeners do not get a good result because soil potting is not well. To make a good quality of soil potting, take out the normal garden soil, compost, coco peat, or decomposed cow dung. Mix it well and take grow bag (12*12) or large pot (15*15).
- Fill the soil mixture into the pot or grow bag.
- Take out the seeds and plant the seed in soil (1/2 inches deep).
- Give water properly and place the flowerpot in full sunlight.
Within 5 to 6 days of planting, germination starts from the seeds, and leaves appear from the plants. After germination, give some water. If the plant’s growth is growing up to 6 to 8 inches, then we need to transplant them into a large pot or grow bags.
Transplantation: One of the main reasons for transplantation is that plant roots grow more in large pots, and root binding does not occur. The plantation is necessary if the plants grow up to 5 to 6 inches with leaves. Follow these simple steps–
- Remove all plants from the old pot or grow bag.
- Use the same soil mixture and plant all the plants (4 to 5 inches deep).
- Give water properly and keep it in full sunlight.
- Within 3 to 4 days, new leaves are appearing on the plants.
Remember before plantation: USDA hardiness zone should be 3-11 and the soil mixture should be slightly acidic. In a flowerpot, make sure drainage holes are available or not. If there are no holes at the surface, then make 5 to 9 holes (Drainage holes are necessary). Cover the holes with a grenade or stones. Use a clay flowerpot. The distance between the seeds should be 3 to 4 inches apart.
Awesome Caring Tips:
- How to give water: While watering in the pot, check out the top layer of soil potting. If the top layer of soil potting is dried up, then give water properly. During the summer season (above 35°C), give water daily.
- Temperature maintained: After seedling, place the pot in a semi-shaded location (until transplantation). After, keep the plants in full sunlight. Sweet corn plants easily thrive in high temperatures (above 35°C) but always save plants from heavy rain.
- The best compost for growth: Before the flowering season, add 1 to 2 layers of vermicompost. Vermicompost is the best compost for all the plants like vegetables and fruit plants, and it gives you the best result in indoor or outdoor plants. Vermicompost is easily available in local nurseries and online shops.
- Pests and Diseases: Don’t overwater; overwatering causes root fungus and rot diseases. In that situation, you need to give fungicide liquid.
Best Time for Harvesting: After 3 to 4 months of planting, flowering starts on the plants. After flowering, sweet corn begins. Fruits are tall with lots of yellow seeds. If you are satisfied with the size of sweet corn, then harvest them; otherwise, wait till mature size (10 to 12 inches).
Benefits of Sweet Corn: There are lots of benefits of sweet corn, but we are showing only the Top 8 benefits for your health
- It contains high fibre and carbs.
- Improves digestion system.
- Improves skin health (remove dark spots, acne, and scars).
- Improves eye-sight.
- Take one cup of sweet corn to boost your energy.
- It contains multiple types of vitamins and minerals.
- Corn contains anti-oxidant properties.
- It inhibited anaemia disease.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health Indoor flowering plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion Outdoor flowering plants pea peace lily peony perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree Save Plants in rainy season spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants