Sweet Violet: Amazing Tricks For Plantation | Flowering Time
In this post, we will know about Sweet Violet flowering plants
- About sweet violet
- How to plant seeds at home
- Best caring tips
- Flowering season
About Sweet Violet: Sweet violet is one of the best perennial or annual plants, and the flower blooms once on sweet violet plants. The scientific name of sweet violet is Viola odorate, and it belongs to the Violaceae family and is native to Europe and Asia. It has many common names like Wood violet, Garden violet, English violet, and common violet.
How to Plant Seeds at Home: You can plant sweet violet at home by using its seeds. Seeds are easily available in nurseries or online shops. Seeds are tiny (5 to 10 mm long) and yellow in colour, and seeds are similar to orange seeds.
Prepare a Soil Potting & Planting Seeds: To make a soil mixture, take garden soil (70%) with vermicompost or bone meal (30%). Mix it well and bring a large flower pot (size at least 8 to 10 inches with a depth of 6 inches). Scratch all the seeds with sandpaper and keep the seeds in water (2 to 3 hours).
- Fill the soil mixture into the flowerpot.
- Push the soil with your hand (removed soil air).
- Please take the seeds from the water and spray them on the soil.
- Cover all the seeds with the same soil mixture (add 1 inch of soil).
- Give water properly and place the flowerpot in full sunlight.
Within 5 to 6 week of the plantation, germination start from the seeds and tiny leaves and stems appear from the seeds. Sometimes it takes a lot of time for the seeds to germinate. If plants grow up to 6 to 8 inches, we must transplant them with a separate flowerpot.
Transplantation: For transplantation, use garden soil (50%) with vermicompost (50%). Mix it well and take 8-8 inches flowerpot.
- Remove all the plants from the old flowerpot.
- Fill the soil mixture into the flowerpot.
- Dig holes into the soil (4 to 5 inches deep).
- Put the plants into those holes and cover the bottom part of the plants with soil.
- Give water properly and place the plants in full sunlight.
After 5 to 7 days of transplanting, new leaves and branches begin from the plants. If plants are withered, then give NPK fertilizer.
Remember: USDA hardiness zone should be 6-9 and the soil mixture should be slightly acidic to neutral. In a flowerpot, make sure drainage holes are available or not. If there are no holes at the surface, then make 5 to 9 holes (Drainage holes are necessary). Cover the holes with a grenade or stones. Use a ceramic flowerpot. The distance between the seeds should be 1 to 2 inches.
Best Caring Tips:
- Watering: During the germination period, do not give too much water, and after watering, always maintain the moisture in the soil. During the summer season, give water after 4 to 5 days.
- Temperature: Maintaining temperature gives the best result. Sweet violet plants need full sunlight (at least 4 to 5 hours), or you can maintain a temperature between 10°C to 20°C.
- Best Fertilizer: Before the growing or flowering season, give fertilizer properly. NPK and bone meal is the best fertilizer for sweet violet plants.
- Pests & Diseases: If any insects and diseases attack the plants, don’t forget to spray pesticide liquid on the plants.
- Pruning: Before the growing season, pruning is necessary for the plant’s growth. Cut the faded flowers, dried leaves, unwanted branches, and heads of stems. For pruning, always use a gardening cutter.
Flowering Season: After 5 to 6 months of planting seeds, flowers start blooming on the plant, and the flowers are purple and white. Flower colours depend on the verity of the sweet violet. Flowers are similar to pansies flowers, and each flower has 4 to 6 petals with an upward or downward shape.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe to my newsletter for the instant updates 🙂
Amazing Flower Plants You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants