Awesome New Facts About Banyan Tree and Uses
In the post, we will know about Banyan Tree. We will cover these things:-
- What is Banyan Tree? Why name Banyan?
- Is Banyan Tree giving Oxygen?
- How to grow Banyan Tree Fast?
- Is any side effect of the Banyan Tree?
- What special is Banyan Tree?
- Why Banyan Tree is so costly as a normal tree price?
- Can we plant a Banyan Tree at home?
About Banyan Tree
In the post, you must have seen a lot of banyan trees in gardens, and this Tree is very long and is counted among the giant trees in the world; the roots of this Tree also come out from the branch of the Tree, and these roots grow very much and grow with time.
Research on the Banyan tree shows that it is the giant Tree in the Botanical Garden of Kolkata! And this Tree is 250 years old, and people come from many countries to see this Tree; the Botanical Garden is also famous for this Tree and is also known as the “The Tree of Banyan“. It is a national tree of India. Banyan tree has green leaves with an elliptical shape, and when we cut a branch or leaves of this plant, it gives white liquid milk, which is called latex acid.
Banyan tree(benjamin ficus) is a plant that grows on another plant and has been worshipped for many years, so this Tree comes in the category of Sacred trees. The height of this Tree grows up to 25 meters, and the leaves size grows up to 10 to 20 cm long. This Tree can live for 200 to 300 years or more, but a similar tree oak tree can live up to 600 years or more. It is the giant Tree in India.
Is Banyan Tree gives Oxygen?
Banyan tree has been given the sacred Tree status from the beginning. Yes, friends, the Banyan tree offers Oxygen and gives you pure air.
How to Grow Banyan Tree Fast?
Plantation: Banyan plant is an outdoor plant, so you can plant it outdoor.
Using Seeds: If you are thinking of growing a plant from seeds, you should plant in the ground, and the soil should be fertile and rich. You will need to add some fertilizer along with the earth, and then you have to set seeds into the ground; after a few days, these seeds will start growing. After germinating seeds, you can transplant them into a large flowerpot or landscape.
Grafted Plants: Even if you have grafted plant, you still have to do the same as the above plantation and remember that plant it in the ground.
How to Care for Banyan Tree :
- Less watering in the plants.
- You also have to keep the plants in full sunlight.
- You have to use fertilizers in the plants every month (for the best results).
Small Banyan Tree
Fruit and Flowers: Both fruits and flowers come from the banyan tree. Banyan tree has small red fruits and flowers, these fruits are very small and circular in shape and these seeds are inside the fruits.
Is any side effect of the Banyan Tree
Banyan Tree has very few side effects such as :
- The leaves of this Tree are harmful to animals because white latex liquid comes out when the leaves of this Tree are damaged, and this latex liquid is detrimental to animals.
- Keep children away from this Tree because white latex liquid is harmful to children’s
- The banyan plant is a sacred tree from the beginning, and this Tree has also been a ritual, so in such a situation, don’t think of peeing around this Tree.
What is special about Banyan Tree in India
The special thing, Tree is used in many different places in India such as :
- To treat many types of diseases
- The banyan tree is a ritual because the banyan tree has believed to be devotion to the trinity of Brahma Vishnu Mahesh as per the Hindu religion.
Why Banyan Tree is so costly as a standard tree or plant price: The banyan tree is expensive because the Tree is ancient and is at least 200 to 300 years old and worshipped in many places in the Hindu religion; this Tree is costly as compared to other trees.
Can we plant a Banyan Tree at home?
You can not plant a banyan plant at home, it grows very much over time, it grows up to at least 21 meters long, so you need lots of space to plant it, that’s why If you want to plant it, then find a place where there are more spaces.
Benefits of Banyan Tree :
Banyan tree leaves are used to cure many diseases like :
- You can get relief from joint pain by preventive the white liquid of the leaves
- In dental treatment (collect white liquid from these leaves and honey after that mix both and apply on teeth )
- Beneficial in the treatment of boils ( After breaking the banyan tree leaves, heat these leaves on a hot griddle, then place it on your boil and tie it with a cloth)
- Skin problems
Facts about Banyan Tree :
- It is the largest tree in India and this tree is in the Botanical Garden of Kolkata.
- The wood of trees is also used to make different types of furniture.
- In many places, the wood of this tree is also used to make paper.
- Banyan tree is spread over 2 acres of land in Bangalore
- The banyan tree is the National Tree of India.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the awesome gardening updates 🙂
Amazing Summer Flower Plants, You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits flowering plants Flower plants Flowers plant Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health Indoor flowering plants latest plants latest posts Lilies neem tree onion Outdoor flowering plants pea perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree save plants Save Plants in rainy season spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants sunflower tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants