Best Time to Plant Peony Bulbs at Home, Garden
In the post, we will know all about the Peony plant and cover amazing things
- About peony plant
- How to plant its bulbs
- Top 5 caring tips
- Bloom Time
About Peony: Peony is a flowering plant, and there are many varieties available on the market. Many types of flowers bloom on the Peony plant, and the colour of the flower depends on the type of bulb sown; its scientific name is Paeonia, and it is from the Paeoniaceae family.
peony is one of the best summer-flowering plants and easy to grow at home, So if you want to make your garden beautiful then peony should be planted
The plant grows up to 1 to 4 feet, or it has another variety that grows up to 2 to 3 feet and spreads up to 1 to 2 feet. The Peony plant has dark green leaves/branches, which are thin and elongated. There are 2 to 3 parts of a single leaf, and this leaf grows from 4 to 5 inches.
How to Plant Bulbs: Late Winter is the perfect time to plant Peony’s bulbs. To plant peonies bulbs at home, you need to purchase bulbs online store or local nursery. Whenever you buy its bulbs, buy only big or large sizes. The bulbs look like roots, and the bulbs have 2, or 3 sprouts.
Prepare a soil mixture: To make a soil mixture, take well-drained garden soil (50%), coco peat (25%), and cow dung (25%). Mix it well, and the flower size should be large (at least 12 inches). While preparing a soil mixture, take out all small stones and pebbles. Check the drainage hole in the pot; if there is no drainage hole, then make 5, or 6 holes so that moisture will remain in the soil.
Steps to plant :
- Now pour soil into the pot.
- Keep small stones or pebbles over the drainage hole before putting soil(80%) in the flower pot.
- Then take out the bulbs, immerse them in the soil, and remember that the sprouts should be upwards.
- Now pour the remaining soil over the bulbs and fill the pot with water.
- Now keep the pot in the sunlight.
After 7 to 8 days, Small leaves and branches sprout from the plants, and within 20 to 30 days, these leaves grow up to 1 to 2 inches more. There are other varieties that take more time to germinate. So be patient.
Top 5 Caring Tips
- Watering :
- keep moisture in the soil, and before watering, check moisture in the soil with your hand.
- When you sow the bulbs, give water properly.
- After germination, give water after 2 to 4 days.
- After 2 to 3 days, the winter season gives water twice a week in the summer season.
- Always use a water gun
- Temperature :
- After sowing the bulbs, place its pot in a sunny place or semi-shade location.
- Keep the plant in the sunlight for at least 6 to 7 hours during the summer season.
- Keep the plant in the sunlight during the winter season.
- Maintain temperature between 15°C to 20°C.
- Best Fertilizer: Fertilizer is essential for every pant, so always give the best Fertilizer for this plant. Always use chemical Fertilizers after one month of sowing the bulbs, and after fertilizers, give water properly.
- Pests & Disease: There are lots of insects (aphids, bees, slugs, snails, etc.) that damage the plant’s leaves, flowers, and branches or as well as roots. To kill those insects, always spray liquid pesticide medicine. Before spraying, read instructions on the treatment.
- Pruning: Pruning is essential for peonies plants, and pruning is best before the growing season(March or April). Cut out the dried leaves, fade flowers, dry branches, and centre head of the plant.
Bloom Time: After 3 to 4 months, the flowers start blooming on the plant, and these flowers are red, pink, and white in appearance. 5 to 10 flowers bloom on a plant, and these flowers give a fragrant smell.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants