Daisy Flowers – Amazing Method To Plant Seeds | Benefits
In this post, we will know all about Daisy Flower plants
- About daisy
- An easy method to plant its seeds
- Top 5 care tips
- Bloom Season
- Benefits & common verities
About Daisy Flower Plant: Daisy is an outdoor flowering plant, and sometimes it is called woundwort and bruisewort. It has other species worldwide, which is called the common daisy, lawn daisy, and English daisy. Different types of flowers bloom in the plants like white, pink, blue…Etc.
Flower colours depend on the variety. Most of the flowers grow up to 1 to 3 inches long and spread up to 2 inches, and it has another verity which is growing up to 3 inches and more
The scientific name of the daisy is Bellise perennial, and it belongs to the Asteraceae family. This plant grows up to 2 feet to 3 feet or, depending on verity; its root spreads up to 20 cm to 30 cm.
Each flower has 30 to 80 petals and sizes of petals 5 to 10 mm. The color of the petals depends on which kind of plant you have planted or sown the seeds. One sepal has bloom one flower and sepal look like green.
The leaves of daisy plants are dark green, and the midrib and vein look light white(off white). Leaves have lots of moisture, and the border of the leaves is a small spoon shape. Leaves grow up to 4 to 6 inches or depending on the variety.
Many people plant this plant on their roofs, balconies, and garden. If you also want to make your garden or terrace attractive and eye-catchy, they should be planting this daisy because it needs minimum care.
Easy Method to Plant its Seeds :
You can buy its seeds online store or nursery shop. Click here to purchase seeds from Flipkart and Amazon. The best time to plant is mid-spring (January to March).
Take at least 10 inches of the flower pot and prepare the soil. To prepare the soil, you need to take vermicompost(30%), well-drained garden soil (50%), and coco peat(20%). After that, mix it well and check any small stones are not available in the soil. If there is a small stone appears then you should remove them.
After that, pour mixture soil (70%) into the flower pot, take daisy seeds, and pour seeds above the soil. After all, pour the remaining soil above the seeds and fill water in the flower pot. Keep this pot in the semi-shade place for three days, and after the germination of seeds, you can place them in full sunlight.
Before Planting: USDA hardiness zone should be 5 to 9 and soil pH should be slightly acidic. 5, 6 Drainage hole is necessary for the bottom of the flower pot
Top 5 Caring Tips :
- Watering: Initially, when you sow its seeds, give total water, and after germination, you can pour after 2, 3 days. Before watering, always check the moisture in the soil, and these plants need more water in the summer season.
- Temperature: keep this plant in full sunlight in the winter season, and the summer season gives sunlight for at least 7 to 8 days. Do not keep this plant in heavy rain and excess heat from sunlight. The temperature should be 20°C to 30°C.
- Best Fertilizer: cocopeat and vermicompost is the Best Fertilizer for this plant or doesn’t give low nitrogen nutrient fertilizer. Always provide high potassium fertilizer. Fertilization is necessary before the growing season, and you can fertilize this plant every week.
- Pests & Diseases: Sometimes aphids, slugs, and beetles attack this plant, or If there is a fungal infection at the root, you can use Neem oil to kill them.
- Pruning & Cutting: when germination begins for the seeds, you can plan every baby plant in another plant. If any baby plants are seen near the matured daisy plant, you can plant them in another flower pot. Pruning is essential before the growing season, and you can prune dead or faded flowers and dry leaves.
Benefits of plants: there are lots of benefits of plants and common uses such as
- Leaves are eatable.
- It is also helpful for homoeopathy treatment.
- Leaves help make tea, soups, and salad.
Bloom Season: If you sow its seeds in January, blooming starts in April or May. These flowers look wonderful in appearance. The colour of the flowers depends on the variety you have planted—flower colours such as white, blue, purple, yellow, Etc.
Fact: Daisy is also used as a symbolization of purity and innocence.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Amazing Flower Plants You Should Read 🙂
Choose Your favourite Tag
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants