Date Tree: Most Popular Plantation Method
In this post, we will know about Dates tree
- How to plant seeds in flowerpot or ground site
- Top 3 caring tips
- Bloom time
- Season of fruits
- Benefits of dates
How to Plant Seeds in Flowerpot or Ground Site: First of all, we need to check seeds germination. Take out the 7 to 8 seeds and remove the pulpy part from the seeds. Cover all the seeds with any tissue paper and cover the tissue paper with a polybag. February is the best time for the plantation.
Within 6 to 8 days, if any germination starts from the seeds, we plant them, and if there is no germination from the seeds, we can’t plant them. Still, if you have 4 to 5 germinated seeds available, we grow them properly.
Prepare a Soil Potting: Take well-drained garden soil and keep the soil in sunlight (by doing this, no fungus attack). Take 3 to 4 small flower pots and fill them with soil mixture. Take out the germinated seeds and dig a hole, 1 inch deep, and put the seeds into those holes. Cover the seeds with soil mixture and place the plants in an indoor location or semi-shaded area (until germination).
Within 20 to 25 days, new germination starts from the germinated seeds, and leaves appear from the plants. Leaves maybe grow up to 2 to 3 inches. Keep the plants in an indoor location until plants do not grow up to 6 to 8 inches with 2 to 3 leaves. Dates plant takes a lot of time to grow with new leaves and stems.
Remember: USDA hardiness zone should be 8-11. In a flowerpot, make sure drainage holes are available or not. If there are no holes at the surface, then make 5 to 9 holes (Drainage holes are necessary). Cover the holes with a grenade or stones. Use a ceramic flowerpot. The distance between the seeds should be 1 to 2 inches.
Within 20 to 25 days, new germination starts from the germinates seeds, and leaves appear from the plants. Leaves maybe grow up to 2 to 3 inches. Keep the plants in an indoor location until plants do not grow up to 6 to 8 inches with 2 to 3 leaves. Dates plant takes a lot of time to grow with new leaves and stems.
- Take garden soil and fill it into the flowerpot
- Dig a hole into the soil and put the plants into those holes, and cover the rooting part with soil mixture.
- Place the plants in full sunlight.
Top 3 Caring Tips
- Watering: Don’t give water until the germination of seeds and after germination or planting, keep moisture in the soil potting. Remember, don’t overwater.
- Temperature: After transplantation, keep the plants in full sunlight or always give morning sunlight. Recommended temperature is 15°C to 30°C.
- Best Fertilizer: Vermicompost is the best fertilizer for the dates/palm plants. While transplantation, you can add vermicompost with the best result.
- Pests & Disease: If any type of fungus or diseases is an attack on the plants, then always spray neem oil or any kind of pesticide medicine. Before spraying medicine on plants, read the instruction carefully.
Gallery of Dates Tree
Flowering Time: Flowers on the plants begin to bloom after 8 to 10 years (it depends on living zones). Flowers are of two types; one is female, and the other is male, but all the flowers are collected in a bunch shape. Flowers come in a cream colour.
Season of Fruits: The fruit begins after 5 to 6 months of flowering. Fruits are dark brown in colour with sizes of 3 to 5 cm long. Fruits have many benefits for your health because it contains proteins and multivitamins like vitamin B, C, E, K, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc…Etc.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants