How to Save Plants in Rainy Season | 8 Tips
In the post, we will know how to save plants from heavy rain and you can try these tips
- Best Fertilizer for plants
- Leaf mold
- Prune with tip
- Before Fertilization
Best Fertilizer for plants
There are lots of fertilizers for the monsoon season, but we will make the best Fertilizer for all the plants so you can use these fertilizers in any plants (indoor, outdoor, fruiting plants, vegetable plants).
- Making the Best Fertilizer: Take out the cow dung (40%), rock phosphate (10%) or bone meal (15%), mustard cake powder (25%), neem Khali (10%), and mix it well. Now, you can use this Fertilizer in all the plants.
- Fertilizer quantity depends on your plantation, but the making method is the same.
- During the monsoon season, fertilize the plants after 30 to 40 days.
Watering Level: During the monsoon season, water is collected in the flower pot, so always check the drainage holes in the bottom, and if the flowerpot is full of water, then remove the water and make 2 to 5 drainage holes in the soil potting.
Most gardeners use leaf mould as a fertilizer to maintain soil moisture but remove all the leaf mould during the monsoon season because leaf mould works to maintain moisture in the soil potting. Due to rain, fungus occurs in the leaf over time, and these fungi are harmful to your plants.
- Remove all the leaves from plants and make your leaf mould fertilizer.
- How to make, collect all the leaves from the flowerpot and keep them in water for 10 to 15 days. After 15 days, remove all the leaves, and the remaining water works as a leaf mould fertilizer.
- You can use leaf mould fertilizer in your plants.
- In the rainy season, weeds start growing in the plant’s soil, so remove all the weeds from the plants.
- Before removing weeds from the soil, check whether it is a weed or not if there are baby plants or parent plants, so don’t remove them.
- Baby plants should be planted in another flowerpot and always safe from the heavy rain.
Pruning or Cutting
- Pruning is the main task for plant growth.
- During the monsoon season, pruning is necessary for all the plants.
- Cut out the faded flowers, unwanted branches, dry leaves, head of stem, and a tip of the plants.
- In the rainy season, plant growth is high due to rainwater.
Before the Fertilization
- Before the fertilization, always check the top layer of soil potting is the soil potting is tight, then make your soil potting is fluffy type. After all, fertilize all the plants.
- If the soil potting has lots of compost, there is no need to give compost (during the rainy season).
- Always check the soil pH level.
Succulent Plants: If you have planted succulent plants like aloe vera, snake plants, yucca plants, spider plants…etc. Always save the succulent plants from the rain because these types of plants do not require too much water.
- Due to heavy watering, the leaves and roots of these plants start rotting.
Need a Support for Your Plants
Due to heavy rain, most of the plants are down, and vines are collect in a single place; that’s why vines are not growing well. So, it would be best if you took some support for your plants and vines. You can bind with some rope or wood stick. Stick supports your vines and plants, and during the rainy season, these plants and vines grow well.
You can start with these tips
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants