How to Grow Fast, Ficus Tree | Home and Offices
Welcome to another post of gardenontop.com. In the post, we will know the complete details about the Ficus tree.
- About ficus tree
- Types of Ficus tree
- How to grow or propagate easily
- How to care for Ficus trees at homes, gardens, and offices.
- Flowering season
About Ficus Tree
There are hundreds of species of the ficus tree in the world. Some species, including the New World F. obtusifolia and F. nymphaeifolia, are known as strangler ficus.
The familiar name of Ficus Tree is weeping ficus, the fig tree, and weeping fig., and the botanical name of Ficus Tree is ficus Benjamina. Ficus trees are readily available in-plant shops, or you can also buy them from online stores. Ficus plant was the first time seen in Bangkok, and afterwards, plants/trees were seen most in offices and gardens, and most plants lover stay on their roof.
Types & Most Common Ficus Tree
- Ficus Benjamina: One of the most popular ficus trees because many people plant it on their roof in a large pot. Benjamina ficus grows up to 25 meters tall and spread 10 meters wide. There is no need to care too much, but focus needs water and low temperature from time to time. Not place it in direct sunlight (small plant). Ficus Benjamina belongs to the Moraceae family and is native to Asia and Australia.
- Ficus Elastica: It comes with many names like rubber tree, rubber bush, rubber plant, Indian rubber plant…etc. This tree has dual nature of glossy leaves (light yellow and green) and looks like F. Elastica decora. It also belongs to the Moraceae family and is native to Southeast Asia. It blooms flowers during the flowering season.
- Ficus Lyrata: Ficus lyrata is also known as fiddle leaf fig, and it is the most popular plant. This species is small, and you can also place it in a table, bedroom, hall, and kitchen. Ficus lyrata belong to the mulberry and Moraceae family. This tree has violin-shaped leaves up to 18 inches long, and the tree grows up to 10 to 12 meters tall. You can buy it and make your home, study table, and kitchen attractive.
Price and Size of Plant
The cost of a ficus tree is the tiniest, like 80 to 100 rupees. The size of the ficus plant should be 2 to 3 feet tall as a standard and after plants measures develop up to 15m to 30m tall as a standard condition and this tree have glossy leaves 6–13 cm and leaves are very sensitive to small changeovers in light.
When a plant starts to grow, then we need to transplant them. While propagation, do not fertilize with soil, after 1 week doesn’t forget to mix compost into the soil.
Flowers and Fruits
Ficus trees are also blooming flowers and fruits during the summer season. It blooms with white flowers with a yellow centre.
Want propagation at home? You can go for it grafted ficus tree. Grafted Ficus trees have lots of branches and many leaves and flowers. Grafted plants quickly grow, and you need to change or add soil media after six months. Place it in semi sunlight for at least 3 to 4 hours, or you can maintain temperature b/w 60 to 75F.
- Smaller species require only 3 to 4 hours of sunlight; otherwise, the leaves may burn.
- Small species needs compost each month.
- Water moderately; otherwise, the soil may be soggy.
- Replace container while plants size grows up to 10 feet tall.
- If any types of insects occur on the plant, spray pesticide liquid.
Ficus tree kills many types of poisonous gas in the air and this is the main reason for plantation (offices, homes, and garden).
If your plantation is in-ground, you will get the best result in minimum time because roots are grown very quickly in the ground soil. In a flowerpot or container, plants/tree takes lots of time for new leaves and branches. Ficus tree grows 1 to 3 feet tall in 2 to 3 years. Now let’s talk about how to take care of the plant in the offices
Remember that this plant should be kept away from children as a white liquid is released when its leaf is broken and this liquid is poisonous to children. So, keep the child away.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe to my newsletter for instant updates 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits flowering plants Flower plants Flowers plant Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health Indoor flowering plants latest plants latest posts Lilies neem tree onion Outdoor flowering plants pea perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree save plants Save Plants in rainy season spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants sunflower tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants