Cucumber Vine: Most Popular Growing Method & Compost
In this post, we will know about the Cucumber vine
- About cucumber vine
- The perfect method for plantation
- How to care to get more cucumber
- Season of fruits
About Cucumber Vine: Cucumber is the most used vegetable in the salad. It has a cylindrical shape with a round shape and grows up to 3 to 10 inches. It has many types of verities like slicing, pickling, salad bush, and seedless, but the most commonly used verity is salad bush. The scientific name of cucumber is Cucumis sativus, and it comes with the Cucurbitaceae family.
Cucumber vines grow up to several feet and at a time give lots of cucumbers. The leaves of the vines are green in colour with a heart shape, and the vines have lots of moisture.
Perfect Method for Plantation: One of the easiest methods to plant cucumber by using its seeds. Seeds easily grow with minimum caring, and seeds are easily available in online stores or local nurseries. Seeds are tiny (1 cm long) with white in colour. Always buy organic seeds. The summer season (March to April) is the best time for plantation.
Prepare a Soil Potting: Keep the seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Take out the well-drained garden soil (50%), vermicompost or cow dung (25%), sand (25%), Bone meal (1 spoon), and neem cake powder (1 spoon).
- Mix it well and take a flowerpot tray or clay pot.
- Fill the soil mixture into the flowerpot.
- Take cucumber seeds and sprinkle them on the soil.
- Cover the seeds with a soil mixture and give water properly.
- Place the plants in full sunlight until germination.
Germination from the seeds starts after 4 to 7 days, do not give any fertilizer or water. If the germination grows up to 5 to 8 inches, then it’s time to transplant them with a separate flowerpot.
Remember: In a flowerpot, make sure drainage holes are available or not. If there are no holes at the surface, then make 5 to 9 holes (Drainage holes are necessary). Cover the holes with a grenade or stones. Use a ceramic flowerpot. The distance between the seeds should be 2 to 3 cm. For the best result, choose the ground site.
Transplantation: We can easily transplant plants. Remove the plants from the soil (Keep in mind that the plant’s root should not be broken). Take a large flowerpot (size should be 12 to 15 inches with a diameter of 5 to 8 inches).
Again, prepare a soil potting: Take garden soil (60%) and cow dung or vermicompost (40). Mix it well and fill the soil mixture into a flowerpot. Take out the transplant plants. Dig a hole 5 to 6 inches and put the plants into those holes, and cover the rooting part with a soil mixture. After all, give water properly and place the plants in the full sunlight. If the vines grow up to 2 to 3 feet, then we need to provide some support by using any stick or thin rod (it is necessary).
How to Care to Get More Cucumber:
- Watering: Before germination of seeds, do not give water and after germination of seeds, check the top layer of soil potting; if the soil is dried, then give water properly. Always maintain moisture in the soil potting.
- Temperature: Keep the vine under 15 to 25 degrees Celsius for the best result. During the summer season, keep the vines in 5 to 7 hours of sunlight. Save the vines from the high temperature (above 25°C) and heavy rain.
- Give Top Quality of Fertilizer: Vines need fertilizer before the growing season or after 45 days, and cow dung and vermicompost is the best fertilizer. After fertilization, give water properly.
Bloom Season & Fruits Time: The flowers start blooming after 30 to 40 days on the vine, and these flowers are thin and yellow. Flower sizes grow up to 1 to 2 inches. After flowering, fruits begin. Initially, the fruits are green in colour with half of the flowers. Over time, the fruit’s size grows up to 3 to 10 inches with a cylindrical shape.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and subscribe newsletter for an instant update 🙂
Amazing Vegetable Cultivation You Must Read 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag 🙂
air purifying plants almonds aloevera broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits flowering plants Flower plants Flowers plant Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health Indoor flowering plants latest plants latest posts Lilies neem tree onion Outdoor flowering plants pea perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree save plants Save Plants in rainy season spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants sunflower tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants