How to Grow Broccoli at Home & Season | Amazing Benefits
In the post, we will know How to plant broccoli seeds at home
Broccoli can be grown easily from seed; you can buy its seeds online or local plant shop.
Broccoli seeds look like mustard seeds (tiny size). The best season to grow broccoli seeds is early winter or midwinter (August to September).
How to Prepare Soil: To make soil, take at least a 7-inch flower pot and coco peat(60%), sand (30%), and vermicompost (10%). Mix it well and pour this soil mixture(70%) into a flower pot and give a few glasses of water; this soil mixture settles down in the flower pot.
Now make thick lines in the soil and pour these seeds into those lines. Now put a 2 to 3-inch layer of soil in the pot. After all, pour some water into the pot and keep the pot in the shaded area for 3 to 4 days. Germination starts after 3 to 4 days, and after germination keeps the pot in full sunlight.
Within 10 to 15 days, these seeds grow by 3 to 4 inches, and the plant watches small leaves. When these plants grow up to 4 to 7 inches and more, we need to repot every plant in a separate flower pot or container (You can use the same soil mixture).
While planting: Always check the drainage hole in the bottom of the flower pot and soil pH (should be 5 to 7). Seeds do not overlap while planting, and the distance of the seed should be 3 to 4 cm. Keep the plant in a place where morning sunlight is good.
How to Care:
- Watering: Don’t overwater; after germination plant needs moisture in the soil, so when you give water to the plant, always check the moisture in the soil. After repotting its plants, plants grow up to 1 foot to 1.5 feet, then give water after 2 to 3 days.
- Temperature: Temperature is an important thing in growing seeds or plants. Always give morning sunlight in the winter season and summer seasons. Plants need at least 7 to 8 hours of sunlight, or you can maintain a temperature between 20° to 25°C. Save plants from heavy rain or high temperature. If the temperature is not supported, the leaves are burnt, and these leaves turn yellow.
- Best Fertilizer: Always give the best fertilizer if you want healthy broccoli. The best fertilizer is low-nitrogen manure. Broccoli plants need fertilization before the growing season and fertilize plants after 3 to 4 weeks after fertilizing, gives water to the plant.
- Pests & Diseases: Mealybugs attack on the stalk of plants. You can spray soap, water, and liquid medicine to kill mealybugs. Sometimes aphids are found in the plant; then, you can spray neem oil or soap water.
Fruit Season :
There are many types of the variety of broccoli, but if you sow its seeds in the winter season (August or September), then the plant produces fruits after 3 to 4 months (December or January). If you want healthy or fresh broccoli, you can wait until you are satisfied with the fruit size.
Top 8 Benefits of Broccoli: There are lots of benefits of broccoli such as :
- All the parts of broccoli are eatable.
- Lots of fibre and proteins.
- It is used as a destroyer swelling.
- Broccoli is also used to improve hair growth.
- It has vitamins like A, B, C, E and K.
- It is also used to reduce belly fat.
- it protects against many types of cancer such as Breast, Stomach, Bladder and Colorectal.
- It is also used to improve oral health.
If you like this post don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives and also subscribe to my newsletter for the instant update 🙂
Click to Read More Interesting Post 🙂
Choose Your Favourite Tag
air purifying plants almonds aloevera Bougainvillaea broccoli Cardamom carrot cauliflower Cultivation or farming Daisy flowering plant Dark green chilli Dry fruits Flower plants Fruit plants Gardening hacks Gardening ideas Genus tree Green chilli hanging plants health health tips Indoor flowering plants kitchen plants latest plants latest posts Lilies onion pea peace lily perennial plants plantation ideas plants sacred tree spices spices and herbs summer flower caring summer flower plants Summer fruit plants sunflower tea tips and tricks tree vegetables vine winter flower plants